On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com> wrote:

>>> Agreed.  Sebb's recommendation, AIUI, was to simply mention in LICENSE
>>> that there is a non-ASF AL bundle without copying the entire LICENSE.
>
> That’s what I was objecting to. LICENSE is for licenses. If notice is
> required, then use NOTICE.

+1 though I would word the latter more strongly.  ONLY legally
required notices should go into NOTICE.  Absolutely nothing else, as
doing so would increase the obligations on licensees.

Now in this case, if they have a NOTICE file, then by their their/our
license, we are obligated to include it in our NOTICE file (see Apache
License, Version 2 section 4, item d).  Others can weigh in on short
vs long form of the licenses (it is a single copy, so I personally
don't see the issue), but as a legally required notice, it belongs in
the NOTICE file.

- Sam Ruby