On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I second John, about Github uses.
>
> The statement "As a community we would like to keep the master repository
> as well as issue tracking on GitHub
> <https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/GitHub>" at currently stand is a no-no
> and putting in proposal would make it as goal which at this time not an
> option in ASF infra.

As a *podling*, their use of GitHub is an acceptable option within ASF
Infra. [1]

As a TLP, it is NOT.

Thus, when they want to graduate: either Infra has ready to give any TLP
the option of using GitHub as their primary focal point of development (and
OpenWhisk gets to use that option) ... or OpenWhisk must move to the
ASF-supported, non-GitHub option.

Infra is hoping to provide the GitHub option, but we have no date. We have
development to do, we have risks that we can't do what is needed, etc etc.
If OpenWhisk reaches a discussion about graduation, and Infra has not
completed such work, then the OpenWhisk community will have a decision on
wait or shift their development focal point.

Cheers,
Greg Stein
Infrastructure Administrator, ASF

[1] only OpenWhisk. at this time, no other podling is approved for such
deployment, from an Infra standpoint. ... and as John notes: IPMC is
ultimately in charge of how podlings operate. I merely state that Infra
will support this concrete case, which I believe is a good experiment.
there are things to learn about whether this will work/not for podlings.
(eg. normally IPMC members get to randomly commit to podlings, how is that
done w.r.t GitHub? do we get all commit emails? issue emails? etc)