Hi,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 10:26 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...- How can RocketMQ work with the existing Kafka or ActiveMQ communities to
> build cross platform clients?
> - How can RocketMQ look to leverage Cassandra, Geode, Derby as backend
> persistence stores?...

It would be wrong to require a podling to create specific modules so
that it plays better with other Apache projects. I'm not saying you
are suggesting this John, but the above questions could be interpreted
like that.

The ASF doesn't have a technical roadmap and doesn't influence our
project's technical direction - besides requirements for being serious
about security and quality as per
http://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html

What's important IMO is whether the new podling is ready to accept
contributions from other Apache projects that enable things like
mentioned in the above questions.

-Bertrand