The question is whether we need to keep this section:

Portions of this software were developed by Twitter.
Copyright Twitter, 2017

in the NOTICE file. Since Twitter already signed off the source
contributions, we could probably remove this section.

As for initial Copyright notice, we should put 2016-2017.

Source link to LICENSE and NOTICE:
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html

- Henry