Mentors, like any other contributor, are volunteers. And have complex
schedules to juggle. Being in that role doesn't avoid (at all times)
missing a vote regarding a release. Thus it is not a guarantee.

We saw it happen in recent vote regarding the latest release of the
incubating Trafodion project, where none of the mentors voted when the vote
was held in the community. But as all other participating contributors
voted in favour of releasing, the vote was subsequently called in this ml.
See [1].

Now, we can argue that mentors have an obligation to vote on releases of an
incubating project first before the vote is taken to this ml. But that
could lead to unnecessary delays and frustration.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8eca13e52620d16c3f974bc5054d59af29fa98d30763d646829a3850@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Best regards,

Pierre Smits