Roman Shaposhnik wrote on 6/7/17 4:20 PM:
> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I would really be surprised if VP Legal actually *owned* it. This
>>> feels someplace between
>>> INFRA, ComDev and Legal, but it still doesn't answer the question
>>> who's a single throat
>>> to choke.
>>
>> Consider yourself surprised then. V.P. Legal owns the release policy.
>
> Is legal-discuss then the appropriate forum to actually build the consensus?
> I surely hope V.P. Legal won't play a BDFL with our release policy, will he?

Huh?  Only the board and specifically authorized officers can set policy
like the release policy that all PMCs MUST follow.  So yes, VP Legal is
the final determiner of release policy updates, not anyone else.

legal-discuss@ is the best place to bring any specific requests from
project(s) to change the actual policy itself.  But first it would be
useful to get some rough consensus on some of those specific requests
here from the IPMC or from ComDev.  Having specific changes backed up by
actual *needs* from one or more PMCs is the best way to start.

Note that ComDev is a PMC itself, and has no authority to set *policy*
for other PMCs.  But they do provide a lot of good docs and best
practices, and dev@community is becoming quite a good cross-project
discussion area, so it's a good place to get other feedback on a proposal.

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources