On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 5:58 AM sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 June 2017 at 00:18, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> For that reason, I'd like to make a simplifying assumption: that all
> mentors
> >> are PPMC members, and all PPMC members are committers.
> >
> > Existing records that violate one or more assumptions:
> > https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podling-crosscheck
>
> "Podling Committers that are not Incubator committers"
> AFAIK, that should not happen.
> Probably mostly existing ASF committers being added to podlings directly.
> New committers should be added to Incubator + podling by the existing
> processes.
> I think it would make sense to just add them to the Incubator
> committer list so they have the appropriate karma.

Agreed.  I appreciate the concise report.  We should plan to add these
individuals.

> "Incubator committers that are not on the IPMC and are not listed as a
> committer of any podling"
> Most likely they were on podlings that are no longer active.
> I don't think any cleanup of the list is done when podlings exit
> incubation, so this list will continue growing.
> Does that matter?

I was thinking about this.  I think I mis-stated the behavior of adding
someone to the PPMC.  There is no requirement to remove them from
incubator.  That's actually how I got started, my podling already graduated
but I still had my incubator commit bit.

The list that does worry me is the list of mentors not on the IPMC.  I feel
like that requires a bit more research to find out what happened but unless
those people are members they're probably going to be removed from their
mentor roles.  What do others think?