Hi Otto,

I am just another podling committer, so this isn't authoritative advice,
but for Druid's incubating page we are planning to put up a placeholder
page with a link to the current community site. It isn't up yet, but the
html we are planning to use is here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid-website/blob/asf-site/index.html

Our rationale was:

1) Before the site is migrated, it's better to have a placeholder than a
404.
2) A placeholder with a link can make it more clear that the releases on
druid.io are not Apache releases.
3) A placeholder helps satisfy the requirement that podling web sites must
have an incubation disclaimer (
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html).

When we migrate the community site to Apache infra then it would replace
the placeholder.

Gian