72 hours is a guide. As long as your project community is agreeable you can say
"72hrs or 3 +1".

________________________________
From: Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 9:26:08 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Mentors SHOULD vote on podling releases prior to asking
IPMC to vote

I have a related question. In Zipkin (incubating) last release of one of
our projects, we had 3 IPMC +1 votes prior to the formal verification vote.
Then we basically just waited 72hrs anyway with no additional votes but it
didn't matter as we had what we needed (another came later but still) [1]

If a project already has 3 IPMC members active verifying and voting.. it
might feel a bit tedious to delay a release an additional 3+ days
especially if there is no additional feedback.

Not sure the answer here, but I hope the situation is relevant to the
thread. For example, should same rules apply when there are no additional
IPMC votes needed from what is carried over from the podling vote?

-A

[1]
https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.apache.org%2Fthread.html%2F6e26ccaecba70a5cde1f808d82499701562f370441067b96ca65f09a%40%253Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%253E&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf3f98ab49c294fdee58408d6b65a22eb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636896895573897795&amp;sdata=oQg4R6ms2IRkfoGdVAf54vUrhXLaq9DIbmk%2F4SzwTvE%3D&amp;reserved=0