The entire note below sounds like "business as usual. we haven't learned
anything."

Release offsite is not a solution, IMO. I believe it is Best(tm) to have a
DISCLAIMER.txt in the incubator/$podling/release/ directory, and "podling
releases" which do not meet our normal policies for TLPs. I think our goal
should be that a podling release has (say) two MUST items (add a
disclaimer, use Foundation dist system; I wouldn't even care about a
LICENSE file -- let users decide if that concerns them), and the rest is
forgiven as long as notes/fixes will be made before graduation.

It takes a new mindset. What is the *bare* minimum MUST? Two items?
maaaaaaaybe three?

And keep the IPMC out of it. No votes on releases. Stop second-guessing the
mentors and the podling communities.

Cheers,
-g