Hi,

> It takes a new mindset. What is the *bare* minimum MUST? Two items?
> maaaaaaaybe three?

Given this is probably a radical departure, would it be best to do as an
experiment with a couple of podlings? Small reversible steps. Would you be
willing to work on a proposal to the board and act a mentor on one or more
podlings who took this path?

> And keep the IPMC out of it. No votes on releases. Stop second-guessing the
> mentors and the podling communities.

I don't see how IPMC votes are second guessing. IPMC votes are required. That's
ASF policy / bylaws not incubator policy. We could look into changing this, but
probably best discussed in another thread.

Not all mentors (who are IPMC members) vote on releases and podlings in most
cases need to ask for extra votes from the wider IPMC. I would guess 90% of
them, so I’m not sure how your proposal deals with that. IPMC votes also pick
up things the podlings/mentors miss, about 1 in 5 releases have a serious issue
that the IPMC finds. That I think is a valuable service, one that we may not
want to throw away. One way perhaps to deal with that is mentor education /
engagement.

The IPMC already added one way for releases to get reviewed by the IPMC without
a vote, but so far no podling has taken the IPMC up on the offer.

Thanks,
Justin