Agreed... isn't the whole point of the Incubator is to provide not only
training and guidance but also a "safe place" where these codlings can learn
the ropes, including How To Do A Release? And don't we stress that such
podlings are under incubation is to ensure (as much as we can) that those who
download and/or use the project are aware that there might be 'issues' with
that codebase and that they may not 100% comply with the standards associated
w/ 'real' ASF projects?

Unless there is an actual *LEGAL* issue w/ assets within the released codebase,
such that we do not have the rights to release said assets, I'm not sure what
the hub-bub is. These are podling releases.

PS: and '*LEGAL*' is not GPL code or whatever