Hi,

I am a PPMC member of Apache Weex. After serious reviewing of our
dependencies, I found there some of the source code we copied from Webkit
is actually under LGPL license(Category X) and our license format tools
changed the license header of these files to Apache v2 incorrectly. I'd
like to hear advice from incubator that whether our actions below would fix
the Category X issue.

First of all, License for Webkit is complicated, as it's said that  "WebKit
is open source software with portions licensed under the LGPL and BSD
licenses available here." [1].

Now, Weex includes 1500 header files( .h files) from Webkit at compiling
stage and around 150 of the are under BSD License. At runtime, Weex will
dynamic links to the shared library of Webkit.

After some major change, Weex could just include around 50 headers(.h
files) at compiling stage and all of them are under BSD license. At
runtime, Weex still needs to dynamic links to the shared library of Webkit
as before.

As Webkit is under dual license, and it's almost impossible for us to
figure out whether there is an function call chain like
Weex.apiA->Webkit.BSD.apiB->Webkit.BSD.apiC->Webkit.LGPL.apiD. I'd like to
know our proposed change is enough to fix the Category X dependency.

[1] https://webkit.org/licensing-webkit/

Best Regards,
YorkShen

申远