Hi,

> Correct. The I way I see this thread is this: *when it comes to
> releases*, there’s always been two camps in Incubator. One thinks that
> Incubator is a TLP…

Which would be a reasonable assumption give:
a) That only IPMC votes are binding on releases.
b) It listed as a TLP in Whimsy
c) The resolution that formed it uses the same language as a TLP and talks abut
forming a PMC and assigning a VP [1]

Does anyone know the history behind this, in particular a)? Has it been that
way from day one or way it something that was introduced due to some an issue
of some sort?

Do people think it should be a president's committee instead? (ducks) :-)

Thanks,
Justin

1.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/incubator/content/official/resolution.html