On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 10:01 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I apologize for missing that question in the May report.
>
> I've ask esthe question several times over serval months (in slightly
> different forms) and not got a clear answer.
>
> The most recent conversations have been on Slack. See for instance [2] or
> [3] (where is seems that sometimes infra are the police) or [4].
>
> I can’t find the email in question, but did recall and find this (although
> it's from a while ago) [1]

If you want to ask Infra a question, then ask on users@infra or
private@infra. Per [2], that is exactly the response "not for Slack". We
might see it on general@incubator ... but honestly: if you seriously want
our input, then ask where we will see it and respond. And if you don't get
a response, then escalate until you do.

And [1] is 13 years old. Not even sure how that enters into the
conversation, unless you want to take Roy's advice and move Incubator in
the direction it seems people want: relax release workflow. Get the IPMC
out of the process/voting.

Regards,
Greg Stein
InfraAdmin, ASF