Hi

My Apache journey started at Incubator, and as IPMC now(not asf member). I
noticed this requirement too.

>From the members I known personally, most indeed know Apache way very well.
And truely there is exception.

Basically, I think removing this makes sense.

1. if this member has been incubator journey, such as being initial
committer of a podling, it is easy to know and should have taken part in
incubator ml much.

2. there are indeed asf members elected by other reasons, so, they are not
familiar w/ incubator, and need more time to learn too. Apache has so many
TLPs and ways to take part in, a member is not required used to be
incubator.

My +1 on IPMC should have enough incubator experiences.

Also, very open to know the history reason of this.

Sheng

Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>于2019年8月9日 周五下午1:04写道: