Hi Ted,

dont get me wrong, I'm rather new to the ASF, the incubator and especially the
IPMC. So my perspective might be different. But, I understand the frustration
that some may have and I leant that there have been many trials to change
things which didn’t go the way we wanted.
The "fear" or concerns I have is that loosening some requirements feels a bit
like resigning which would be a horrible thing as the incubator is one of the
(if not the) most important projects in the ASF.

And I don’t object that much with having different classes of releases (its not
elegant but acceptable IMHO) but the thing I'm really concerned about is the
lack of possibilities to learn for podlings.
If we come at the end to the modus operandi of "Yeah, simply release as is but
use this disclaimer or that NOTICE and later in the project we will do it
'right'" that would be pretty bad.
But perhaps I'm too spoiled as I had the luck to be in several podlings with
Justin and Chris Dutz who both took lots of time and did an excellent job in
helping me and all other freshmen to really learn what this Apache Release
policy is about and how to do it right.
And this is something so important that I want every other podling / newcomers
to the ASF to experience.

I know that this might sound provocative and perhaps some people might disagree
but perhaps, if we know that we have not enough "mentor-power" we should be
more careful about picking up new projects in the incubator if we are not sure
how to bring them to TLP successful?

Julian