I posted the following in a private@ thread:

Traditionally ASF membership + expressed interest has been the main path to the
IPMC. Honestly, I think “someone who has significantly helped a project
navigate incubation through to successful graduation” holds at least as much
merit as ASF membership.

There’s the added benefit of recent experience. My experience with the
incubator 5-6 years ago is likely different than what podlings experience
today. The core values haven’t changed, but some processes have.

That is where I see new blood brings value.

———

I see value in lowing the bar for entry to the IPMC. I also see value in
allowing interested Members to auto-join. Default to inclusivity.

-Taylor