Hi,

I'm a new IPMC Member (no foundation member) and come from a PLC4X which has
graduated months ago.
I already started to help other Podlings a bit.

And I agree with Dave in the sense that we should seek our way not in
locking-out people but in finding ways to draw in more people.
It was already said multiple times that people from "mature" podlings or
freshly graduated projects would be a good call as mentors this should be ONE
way to go.

Julian

Am 13.08.19, 01:42 schrieb "Dave Fisher" <w...@apache.org>:

    > On Aug 12, 2019, at 4:29 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:26 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >>> I will also note that if the IPMC switches to *voting* Members into the
    >>> IPMC, that the Apache Member will be observing that vote take place on
    >>> private@ through a subscription (they can reply!) or via the archives. …
    >>
    >> Which is also the same for any project who votes in a ASF member as a
    >> committer or PMC member.
    >>

    > I would counter that any project which creates such a bar for ASF Members
    > may be doing it Wrong :)
    >
    > (this goes into my general feeling that projects generally need to lower
    > their bars, and become more inclusive)

    I really think that we have long precedent to do most of what we need to do
already in place.

    I’m -1 on this proposal. I think it is a bad idea. It is so bad that I
would seriously think about volunteering here less.

    Just think about how many VOTEs we would need to do when a Podling comes
in. Think about all the pro forma votes and discussions about people. BORING!

    Frankly, I’m quite surprised that this is even being proposed.

    Regards,
    Dave