Hi,

> Thanks for bringing up your concern here. The synchronous meeting you
> describe does have an agenda with meeting minutes/notes [1], which are open
> to the public, and was previously shared on the dev list [2]

I note those in attendance are listed by company affiliation, contributors
should act as individuals not what company they are affiliated with. The last
time it was shared on the list was more than a year ago, this does't seem open
and transparent communication that an ASF project needs to follow. These
discussions need to be brought back to the mailing they need so they can
involve the wider community especially those who can’t attend due to other
commitments, including their day job or time zone issues.

> From this point forward, we will make it clear that all are invited, and we
> will share out the notes after each meeting.

A better solution might be to not have them at all and have the discussion
asynchronous on the mailing list. This this can be inconvenient it it give
better value to the whole community not just those who know about and can
attend those meetings.

> Let us know if this assuages the concern, and if not, we’ll address further.

It still a concern IMO, and I see it was noted as a concern in a board report,
but doesn’t seem to have been addressed. I can see improvements in this project
in a lot of other areas. It would be good to hear from other IPMC members and
your mentors on this subject.

Thanks,
Justin