Hi Justin,

As per the PPMC responsibilities for brand stewardship [1], I’ve reviewed the
steps for reporting potential misuse of ASF marks [2]. This particular instance
probably falls under the umbrella of “obvious problems”, or at least I’ll
assume so, since it was brought up by a mentor. I’ve reached out directly to
the person responsible for the DockerHub image(s).

The guide for contacting third parties [3] seems to suggest a "Software Product
Infringement” template be used, but I’m not seeing a link to that anywhere.
Based on the other templates I DO see, which seem a little… legal… I’ve stuck
to the basic directions in [2] of sending a “friendly” email (AND Slack
message, in our case), in private, to the community member. This outreach only
happened quite recently, so I’ll give them a little time to react before taking
further steps involving trademarks@ and private@.

TL;DR: I’ve reached out, and I’ll keep you posted!

Thanks,

-e-

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/responsibility#responsible
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/reporting.html#pmcs