Hi,

Please stop mixing public and private lists. Feel free to forward any email to
the relevant private list but don’t mix them as it's very easy for something
that should only appear on a private list to become public.

> The codebases are under Sander's control who also was the original/main
> author who had maintained the repo under the 'hashicorp' Github org, and all
> top 5 contributors (including Sander) have agreed to the initiative including
> re-licensing under APLv2 (already done now).

There are more than 5 major contributors and I’m not sure that your top 5
contributors have actually agreed. Please provide documentations that shows
this.

If you look at the IP clearance documentation it states "Either an Individual
CLA or Corporate CLA is preferred to a Software Grant. All authors must sign an
Individual CLA; or all owners of IP must sign one of the three documents and
send to secretary”

Has this been done?

> I don't see why we need permission from Hashicorp (the company) but feel free
> to advise:
> https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack
> https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstac

Who owns the IP? Just because Sander is the original author of some of the code
doesn't mean he owns the IP. If he did the work while he was employed by
Hashicorp (and I don't know if this was the case) it’s likely they own the IP
not him, but his employment contract may have stated something else. Again the
same applies for the other contributors.

A further complication is the code wasn’t under a license that is compatible
with the Apache license.

I’m not sure that due diligence has been done here, please provide
documentation that shows otherwise.

Kind Regards,
Justin