On 9/5/21, 7:46 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

    You’ll note [1] says "All contributors of ideas, code, or documentation to
any Apache projects must complete, sign, and submit via email an Individual
Contributor License Agreement(ICLA).’ however we do allow people to contribute
without signing an ICLA and as the code is under an Apache license the intent
would be clear here.

That seems to be in conflict to the license itself [2] which states:

> 5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any
> Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the
> Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any
> additional terms or conditions.

The author of the license clarified this in [3]:

> Yes, that opinion comes from me speaking as a board member and
author of the Apache License, and has previously been cleared
with Apache's legal team for a long ago discussion with Incubator.
We don't need a CLA on file to accept contributions from non-committers.
We just need a clear intent by the author to contribute under
our normal terms.

> The authors do not need to have a CLA
on file even if the contribution is massive -- CLAs are only
required for the people who want an account at Apache and thus
are allowed to make the decision to push those bits into our
repository.

    1. https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html
    2. https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    3.