I can’t speak for maven but since Akka works with sbt its more likely to use
sbt-assembly to perform any shading which handles cases like this (i.e. see
https://github.com/sbt/sbt-assembly#merge-strategy and
https://github.com/sbt/sbt-assembly#shading).

--
Matthew de Detrich
Aiven Deutschland GmbH

Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen
m: +491603708037
w: aiven.io e: matthew.dedetr...@aiven.io