Hi,

So this discussion is currently revived on Pekko dev. But it's seems the
cards are held by IPMC.

So a very concrete question.

Would someone here vote -1, for a Pekko release or Pekko graduation, for
the sole reason of the package name being 'pekko.*' instead of
org.apache.pekko.* ?

Noting that the Maven group/org ID would just be: org.apache.pekko

If more than 2 IPMC members say yes, I think we can state it's off the
table.

On 2022/10/12 15:58:51 sebb wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 16:46, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > We should keep in mind that the trademarks requirements and the release
> > requirements are two different sets of requirements.  They're often
> > conflated.  The main thing to remember with trademarks and naming is
that
> > the first time a project is referenced in documentation, websites, etc,
it
> > must be referred to as "Apache <Foo>" and subsequent calls can just be
> > "<Foo>".  This would mean that README files in the source repo refer to
the
> > project this way, descriptions on github repos etc are all named this
way
> > as well.  Likewise, our release process indicates the source tarball
for a
> > release is named "apache-<foo>...tar.gz" or similar.  The foundation has
> > always had a waving stance on binary releases, e.g. the JAR files you
might
> > download from Maven Central.  The convention (not requirement) is that
> > those JAR files are packaged under "org.apache.<foo>".  Unless there's a
> > good reason not to, projects should follow this if they publish to
maven.
> > By similar convention, we have applied this to the package names used
by a
> > project.  The existing projects I was able to look at within the ASF all
> > used scala in a hybrid format with java code, meaning they had a mix of
the
> > two and within a JAR file had both java and scala sourced files.
They're