Hi,

I have been following the Seata project for years and have witnessed
the project's growth. I am glad to see Seata joining the apache
community, and happy to be mentor of the seata project to help seata
going through the incubation process.

I have a question about the initial comitters. Looking at the
developer page[1], not all the seata comitters are listed in the
initial comitters. Could you elaborate more about this?

[1] https://seata.io/en/docs/developers/developers_dev

The

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 2:37 PM Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Incubator
>
> I would like to propose a new project to the ASF incubator - Seata.
>
> Seata[1] is an open-source distributed transaction solution that
> delivers high-performance and easy-to-use distributed transaction
> services under a microservices architecture.
> This project is owned by Alibaba and Ant Group. They have agreed to
> sign the SGAs and CCLAs for the donation.
>
> Here is their proposal,
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Seata+Proposal
>
> I would be the Champion of the project. I am going to mentor and help
> the project go through the incubator with Justin Mclean(justin at
> classsoftware dot com), Huxing Zhang(huxing at apache dot org), and
> Heng Du(duhengforever at apache dot org).
>
> So far, the project has a large user group and diverse dev team, it is
> healthy and moving forward.
> Within the ASF requirements, the MySQL dependency is the major issue
> we need to resolve after being accepted due to GPL limitations. The
> project community has supported to use other databases such as
> PostgreSQL, they just need to remove the MySQL driver from the binary
> and keep it optional.
>
> We are open to hearing the feedback from the incubator.
>
> [1] https://seata.io/en/
>
> Sheng Wu 吴晟
> Twitter, wusheng1108

Best Regards!