[...]
> The most important thing to remember is that we are all
> volunteers here,
> and we are not alone. If you don't want to do something, don't do it.
> Someone else will step in ... that's what meritocracy is all about.

> The more you do, the more you are expected to do. The
> corollary is, the less you do, the more someone else will do instead.

Your statements are OK for Apache projects since they are based on volunteer
contributions because we all bring our own brick to the building.

Unfortunately they are far from being true everywhere.

If you know a place where there is no such bad attitude, then please name
your company and location so that I can remember it... it's always nice to
know :)

Stephane