Danny Angus wrote:
>>The last point is the only real problem IMHO. Basically, it forbids to
>>export software in "free world ennemy countries TM". I don't know
>>if making
>>somone from such a country able to download software from a
>>website could be
>>considered software exportation, but considering the technical
>>impossibility
>>to prevent it, i doubt Sun itself could claims to fulfill it.
>

> On the other hand it would be hard to prove that you exported it yourself to
> a banned country, and didn't provide it to a user in the continental US who
> then sent it abroad.
> It certainly seems unworkable in principle, and as a foreigner I wonder what
> the US lawmakers would consider to be adequate protection against
> downloading by evil foreigners.
> You can pretty much bet the farm that terrorists won't let licence
> conditions stop their plans.

Then again, you can pretty much bet the farm that they aren't using Java
anyways.  Terrorists that use encryption are likely to use more powerful
russian (FSU?) encryption suites.  They also are not interested in
development, or ease of use.  They are interested in weapons and causing
damage.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin