> The BCL states that you cannot make a distribution of the .jar file outside
> of your product. In other words, if you want to distribute the single .jar
> file, you can't do that.
>
> "(i) distribute the Software complete and unmodified and only bundled as
> part of your Programs"

What about a dummy program - say "Linux java installer" - with minimal
code ?
If this is not acceptable, you can probably just redistribute ant or
tomcat4, which make use of almost all those packages. Ant is the best
vehicle, and very usefull to have it installed anyway.

BTW, the clause 'complete and unmodified' is very interesting - does it
refers to the jar or the whole binary package ( most people refer to the
whole downloaded package as 'software', and the jar is a piece of it ).
If so, tomcat and most other packages that include it are breaking
the licences, since they repackage and include only the jar.
'Software' is previously defined as 'accompanying software
and documentation and any error corrections provided by Sun (collectively
"Software")

Even more fun is the restriction on creating 'java., javax., or sun.'
packages. Does it mean that you're not allowed to include open source
( and clean room ) implementations of javax. pacakges if you include
one of those licences ?

The only possible conclusion is that software shouldn't be redistributed
without a lawyer checking and aproving every included license, and
we need a list of licenses that are acceptable for inclusion on
packages we distribute ( from jakarta, xml, etc ), verified by a lawyer.

Costin