If you hate ME to messages scroll to the end where there is one minor
point or just register a "me too" and move on... ;-)

> Finally.  Jon, I knew you could do it.  You wrote your first intelligent
> post in this whole thread!

:-D

> ;P
>
> There are things to like with both projects.  However you do ignore some
> things that are important.  GUMP integration is important--I like the
> fact that Centipede works out of the box with it.  I honestly don't like
> the Maven look--but the feel is ok.  The problem is that Maven does not
> make it easy to change either the look or the feel.  It takes more
> effort than should be required for a _build_ tool.  The types of docs
> that it generates are fantastic.  They are very useful.

> I personally lean toward Centipede because it uses more of *my* pet
> projects :)  And there lies the rub.  I personally would like to see
> where some projects use Maven and some use Centipede.  Either way,
> I want them to be compatible with GUMP.

start singing "wouldn't it be nice to work together..."

> And who said it was beyond our aptitude.  All anybody said is that it
> was beyond our desire.  If we have a tool that works for us, and it
> garners more and more _tool_ support--we will use it.  It's what makes
> for the project.  Yes money is not the key motivator, and anyone who
> thinks it is should be shot, but if we need to find a new employer--
> we will have a better time if we know XSLT as opposed to DVSL.
>
> So sometimes decisions to use a product or project is completely out
> of your control.  Nevertheless, I maintain that I can wrap my head
> around anything in under two weeks (two weeks being for very complex
> projects).  That's if I need to.  I personally balance involvement
> in four projects (2 on XML.apache and 2 on Jakarta), a personal
> life, a professional life, and hobbies.  The less I have to learn
> for a build the better.  If I need to update the look and feel of
> a site to brand a project for my own purposes--I don't want to waste
> two weeks figuring it out.  I want to use what I already know so
> I can just do it.
>
> Its as simple and pragmatic as that.

+1 - complete agreement.

> And yet, you insist that all free thinkers think like you.  Not all free
> thinkers fit in your box (sometimes it is a little confining ;P ).

+1

> I personally like Peter, don't you?  You guys can be alike in some ways,
> which is probably why you had a hard time with him.

I like everyone...even jon.  I'm sure I'm not his favorite person...but
I find him amusing most of the time.