On 25/10/02 19:14, "Scott Sanders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Is any of this true?  Was Jboss rejected from joining Apache?
>
> No, Jboss was not rejected from Jakarta.  IIRC, they wanted to join and
> jakarta said 'can we digest what we have first?', and jboss said, 'no
> thanks', and then switched to LGPL.
>
> Or something like that :)

True, roughly, as well... The first time someone told about a merger it was
probably 2 weeks after Jakarta was born, and at that time (and as always),
we were covered in ****, between Sun not coming up with the license
agreements for Tomcat, Jserv still pumping hard but going down as being at
the end of the line...

Those were fun times! :-)

    Pier (one of the old ladies, but I don't like tea!)