Jon, Andy,

I wish we did have something that supported a non-crappy interface like
EOB (eob.sourceforge.net)

Stuff like this reminds me of Velocity vs. JSP argument.

People realize that EJB sucks ass, so they develop something that is simple
to use and implement and makes some real sense...while the whole time, we
have Sun pushing their J2EE crap down our throats.

Until I get it mounted on the net with some impressive demos it is going to have problems marketing itself. People much prefer to download the client side app of something, see it working, then poke though the source, than download 10Mb+ of stuff and follow six deployment instuctions....

What I really need is some more demos. We already have a slight fork of Velocity's Forum demo running over RPC, and thus webapps are covered. It is Swing GUIs with a decent interface/impl separated object model that I need. Synergy blah blah with some other open source project. There are a few nice ones already, but they are cursed by being EJB using object models...

- Paul