Michael A. Smith wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Why not just decide to move the Jakarta Commons projects to Commons and the Sandbox ones to Incubator?

This is not a proposal for a diktat, but a *suggestion* for Jakarta Commons projects to take part of the Commons and Incubator Project creation.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As far as jakarta-commons goes (ignoring the sandbox/incubator), I sent
a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] asking whether this is
something we, as committers on jakarta-commons, wanted to consider, and
so far the only real reaction was major uncertainty due to the lack of
defined structure/procedures in @commons.apache.
Yeah, that's why I posted it here!

Come on guys, come over to [EMAIL PROTECTED], let's make ourselves heard, help create the rules there, so finally Commons can have it's top-level project!

It's not something that has to be imposed, we can help over there!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

hrrmmm... when'd this thread move from reorg@apache to general@jakarta? strange.
hehehe, when I cross-posted ;-)

Oh, and now I'm at it, here it goes, welcome to the discussion commons-dev! :-D

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- verba volant, scripta manent -