Sadly, MS Word under CrossOver Office is more stable on my Linux
workstation at work than OpenOffice. Hopefully this will change.

-Brian

so ppl, why don't you report bugs so they can make it stable?!!!

Before you lecture, go look at the OpenOffice sources. It is amazing that
the thing even works.
open source community is our own softwar and we need to enhance it
rather than leaving it for something else.
At some point you'll reach a point where your to-do list is so long that its
just not feasible. The effort to improve OpenOffice would be MASSIVE due
to horrible sourcecode organization and some just plain bad practice. Also you'll
find it even more difficult to handle if you can't read German. (Much of the code
commenting and some of the code itself is in German).
if one day you saw your kid in dangur you will help him, am i right??
or you will leave him and buy another kid from the stors?!!!!!!

support Sun, Open Source, and all good manufacturar in our nice world :)
Why in the heck would I want to support Sun blindly? What's in it for me? Why would I want to
support manufacturers ambivilently?

-Andy

-mohammad