On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 12:18 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

Jeffrey Dever wrote:
I am not excited by the idea of only PMC members voting on releases to the exclusion of active committers. I'm the release prime for Commons HttpClient where all committers vote on all issues all the time, including releases. HttpClient is somewhat unusual in commons as it is rather a large project with a dedicated mailing list and a rich family where many, such as myself, are primarily focused on just one project, HttpClient.
The goal is to make all active committers PMC members.
Would it be quicker just to make all active committers PMC members by default?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr 203-956-2604(w)
Adeptra, Inc. 203-247-1713(m)