You can Say Apache, because you're right there in front of them to clear up
any confusion.

For the ASF to call HTTPD "Apache" perpetuates the myth that thats all there
is to it.

So... "We are using Apache, that is really Apache Hutpud, but you cannot write hutpud because it confuses people about the Apache Software Foundation, which develops much more than hutpud." This is even worse =)

You could do a Bill the Cat type pronunciation, maybe.

But seriously, I don't disagree, just point out a big reason why it will be very difficult to ever relabel "Apache [HTTPD]" to "[Apache] HTTPD". People do have to say it, and saying one thing but writing another is too complicated for people without an emotional attachment (or who are well skilled in double-think).

-Brian