There has been considerable emphasis on this list over recent weeks for the
sticking plaster approach. That is to make small minor changes to Jakarta in
the hope the board will stop hassling us. This could be because this is the
consensus view and I'm an odd one out. Or it could be that those in favour
of multiple TLPs just can't be bothered with the arguing. So I thought I'd
place the alternative proposal on the table. If you like it, +1 it.

Background info:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaPMCPropsedChanges

Stephen

PROPOSAL
The Jakarta PMC shall proactively encourage subprojects to reach Top Level
Project (TLP) status.

It shall do this by
- drawing up a list of advantages that TLP status brings
- explaining the effect of the ASF only recognizing Jakarta on a
subproject's rights
- documenting the process, by receiving advice from recent new TLPs
- produce a draft template board resolution for creating a TLP
- clearly identifying board meeting dates for TLP creation
- proactively encouraging proposal then vote on developer lists
- setting a timefame of 3 months for the votes

In order to respect current reality, voters on each dev list shall be those
of committer and PMC member status who have made recent contributions, with
the exact list to be determined by the dev list.