I believe you're really talking about deployment, rather than
generation. I doubt that any changes will be needed in generation
itself. The current hand-wavy answer on updating web sites when shell
accounts go away is "WebDAV". I'm not sure if anyone has thought this
through yet, though - when I asked for more detail, the answer was
essentially "dunno yet". So I guess we'll have to wait and see,
although if you have suggestions / want to keep up to date,
infrastructure@ is the place to be.

--
Martin Cooper