On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 00:26 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I have what I consider the best evidence yet that lib being the 32-bit
> > area is better.
>
> [...]
>
> So the debate is between practical considerations such as you describe, on
> the one hand, and the plain logical conclusion that, on the amd64
> platform, /lib is the natural place for 64-bit libraries, the 32-bit ones
> being of the nature of a kludge to get outdated software to work, on the
> other.
Bearing in mind that I have not been confronted to any of these issues,
I can't think of a reason why a piece of software should rely on
hard-coded paths. Therefore they should all be fixed and made to work
wherever they're told or worked around - being the exception, this
shouldn't influence the decision.

Antoine