Barry.Schwartz posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted
below,  on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:14:56 -0600:

> My problem was with plug-ins and so it was a compile time option like
> what you say.  Maybe we could use a database for looking up the
> locations of things, given a key, and then you could install program
> components anywhere.

That sounds /awfully/ like the MSWormOS registry.  There's an /awful/
/lot/ of people that LIKE their /plain/ /text/ config files, and WON'T
TAKE ANYTHING ELSE!!!  DBs have their place IMO, but I tend to be with
those plain text folks on this one.  I've had enough of mucking around in
a specialized and poorly documented registry for one lifetime, and hope
I've left that long behind!  =8^)