Fernando Boaglio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> No, I measured the time for KDE running some apps like KPlayer/Kmail,
> or running Java
> applications (Eclipse + Tomcat + Azureus), or GTK applications (Amule/Gaim).
>
> I'm not an Linux expert for tuning, but I've been using linux since 1997.
> 8 years of Slackware, 2 for Gentoo =D

As already noted, startup times will be longer due to larger
code. You can make up for that some by setting sticky bits, at the
expense of RAM.

I’ll add that video processor is a significant limiting
factor. I thought my old computer was always so dreadfully slow
because it was a Pentium Classic, until I put a new video card in
it. Big difference. Still not as nice as the AMD64, of course.

--
Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org   http://www.chemoelectric.org
Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Bojo ĉe chemoelectric.org.