"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skribis:
> It's wrong-headed to deride or discourage users for using the features of
> their compiler when those functions are not erroneous.  Instead, you
> should be leaning on the developers to fix the erroneous code.

This looks like a false dichotomy to me.

IMO people ought to use -O2 unless they are using a different setting
for some specific purpose, including but not limited to ‘having fun’.

--
Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org   http://chemoelectric.org
        Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj:  http://crudfactory.com (PDF)