On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:40 -0500, Andrew D. Fant wrote:
> Jon Portnoy wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:31:25AM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> >

> >>Any dev that you cannot physically verify via government or school
> >>issued identification and their physical presence, should not be signed.
> >>Otherwise you are simply weakening the web of trust.  In fact, for LWE
> >>key signing, we require 2 forms of picture identification.
> >>

> > Most people don't _have_ two forms of picture ID.
>
> If you limit it to school and government, it can be hard unless you have
> a passport, but don't you have two of {drivers license, passport, school
> ID, work ID, credit card with photo}?
>
> Some signings I have seen require 2 government issued id, but only
> require one to have a photo, if that makes people feel any better.

Again, it is really up to the person doing the signing.

I'm pretty lenient with my verification.  If you have a few items with
your name on it and at least one is a picture that looks like you, then
I'll say I verified well.  Some people are more draconian and only
accept two government sanctioned, big brother approved forms of
identification.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager