maillog: 20/01/2005-09:57:24(-0500): Chris Gianelloni types
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 14:11 +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
>
> > To see what I mean -- gpg --refresh-keys [EMAIL PROTECTED] and verify the
> > signature of this message. The latest uid that I just created has no
> > name associated with it, so no need for an ID, right? I just need to
> > prove that [EMAIL PROTECTED] is my address, right?
>
> Say what?  No.  You would be signed that [EMAIL PROTECTED] is Georgi
> Georgiev and has the key ID 44F51266.

Really? But I was talking about signing only the UID that has no name.

> Adding another uid to the same
> key, with or without a name, won't change that.  Also, when you sign, it
> asks you if you want to sign all the uid for the key.  I would say "no"
> to that and only sign the one I have verified myself.

Yes. So don't sign the UIDs that have names. Only the anonymous one.

--
\/   Georgi Georgiev   \/ "You've heard Al Gore say he invented the    \/
/\    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    /\ Internet. Well, if he was so smart, why do   /\