On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 10:13, Chris Gianelloni wrote:

> As we have already pointed out, an email address is dead simple to fake,
> so how exactly is your email address a valid identifier of you and not
> simply something that you possess?

the email address is the identifier, the private key, as proved by it's
use to encrypt or decrypt is the verification that I am who I claim to
be.

So if I consistantly post from an email address and sign each message
with the same key, that is evidence that all those messages are from the
same entity, be it an individual or group of individuals, BTW a group
can hold a copyright.

Remember that once again, we are not talking about anything other than
the "web of trust" of PGP.  And I am saying that I think it is silly to
base such a web only on physical ID's, it really seems more like an
excuse to stroke some egos.

Anyway I have said about all I care to on this subject.

--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | It's about dealing with the consequences."