On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:59:14AM -0500 or thereabouts, Alec Warner wrote:
> I believe the Infrastructure team also doesn't want to change the
> layout, but I'll leave it up to them to comment on their own policy ;)

We'd love to change the layout to something similar to what Michael
proposed.  It's the actual changeover process that scares the bejesus out
of us.  Many of our mirrors have diligent, professional admins who will
work with us to make the change.  Some of our other mirrors don't.  It's
easy to say, "well, screw those others, then" except when you consider that
our users will be the ones to feel the pain if a mirror doesn't pick up on
the change (or support the necessary sym/hard linking mojo to make it work)

If we can come up with a seamless, painless transition process, great,
let's make it happen.

--kurt