Daniel Ostrow wrote:
Hrm, /me thinks you are missing something there, almost the entire tree doesn't explicitly state the mirror://gentoo SRC_URI, portage handles that automatically. That being the case portage would have change so that the automatic lookup was mirror://gentoo/${firstchar}/. So that is at least one portage change I can think of being required....

Huh? What does it state then? AFAIK ebuilds should ALWAYS use the mirror:// URI when possible, and since this change is only affecting our own mirrors, it is always possible.

Sure I can still see your point about needing to manually change the packages that do explicitly state mirror://gentoo in their SRC_URI, but given that you would have to do the above anyway....

Huh?? My point was that we shouldn't have to change all those ebuilds but instead just changing the mirror://gentoo-mapping.

--
Kind Regards,

Simon Stelling
Gentoo/AMD64 Member