On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 03:54:17PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
> On Saturday 29 April 2006 15:21, Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
> > The commit marked with @ is a special comit called a 'merge'.
> > I hope that clarifies the merge tracking part.
> You just described what merging is. Svn can do that too with svn merge. But,
> if I merge changesets from branch A to B selectively, skipping some along the
> way, can I later ask git to:
>
> - list the changesets remaining in A that I haven't merged to B yet?

Yes, unless you used cherry-pick. You have to do *real* merges to be
able to do that.

> - list the branches, from a given list, which have/haven't merged a given
> changeset?

It depends on how you merged the changesets, if you did it sanely, yes,
should be easy. If you used cherry-pick here and there I don't think so.

> I didn't mean that 'changeset tracking' is different from 'merge tracking'.

Ok.

- ferdy

--
Fernando J. Pereda Garcimartín
Gentoo Developer (Alpha,net-mail,mutt,git)