On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:00:10 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Paludis does not conform to the Release Engineering guidelines.  It is
| *incapable* of producing a Gentoo release.  The authors have expressed
| their intentions to *never* perform any actions necessary to work
| towards making Paludis capable of producing a Gentoo release.

And what has producing a releng-style Gentoo release got to do with
using Paludis as a package manager? That's like saying ZSH shouldn't be
included in the tree until it can be used in place of bash.

| This is completely unacceptable to Release Engineering, and as such,
| it is my recommendation that no support be added to the *portage*
| tree to support paludis.

You mean the *gentoo-x86* tree, right? The only reason some people call
it the 'Portage' tree is that there's not previously been a need to
call it something else.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail            : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk