* Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

<snip>

> However, with baselayout-1.12 we intercept calls to start-stop-daemon
> and store information about what was started (binary, pidfile) so
> when root then does "/etc/init.d/foo status" we check to see if all
> the binaries are still running. If not then we do an "/etc/init.d/foo stop"
> behind the scenes.

Sounds good to me. So an regular "<init-scipt> status" (ie. via cron)
will fix the stuff. Maybe status && start would be suited for bringing
up died services automatically, if it always gives proper exit codes.

When will it the new baselayout be ready ?

> But some init scripts don't use start-stop-daemon, like sshd.
> These scripts will need to be re-working around start-stop-daemon.

Okay. I could add a low-priority bug to all packages running at my
site not yet using start-stop-daemon and maybe submit an patch.

cu